What is the MT2020+ BEFAST Challenge?
The MT2020+ BEFAST Challenge is a way to encourage people to utilize dance to teach back the signs of stroke using the mnemonic BEFAST: Balance, Eye (vision difficulty), Facial Droop, Arm Weakness, Slurred Speech, and Time to Call Emergency. Through this process, we will also spread stroke awareness and increase survivorship and decrease disability from stroke.
How do I Participate?
- Accept the challenge. Each person that does the BEFAST Challenge nominates at least 3 other people or a group to join them. If you are nominated, you have no more than 24 hours to post your video.
2. Take a video of you or your group dancing! Teaching back the signs of a stroke using the BEFAST mnemonic. Click here to watch a sample.
Upload your video to social media!
- Upload your video to social media using the hashtag #BEFASTchallenge
- Tag the friend(s)/group(s) you have challenged
- Link https://svin.givingfuel.com/mt2020-salsa-against-stroke
In your video, include:
- A statement stating your are accepting this challenge
- State who you are nominating
- And a mention about the amount you are donating to MT2020
- Add caption and state the BEFAST sign as you dance!
Make a Donation
If you are nominated for the BEFAST Challenge and choose not to accept, you are encouraged to donate instead. You can make a donation here. You can also send a check to The Society for Vascular and Interventional Neurology Att MT2020 at 2001 K Street NW, Suite #300, Washington, DC 20006.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I have to be challenged before I can participate?
No! You can start the challenge within your network by taking the challenge yourself and nominating your friends and family.
Do I have to donate if I take the challenge?
Donations are always welcome, but you do not have to donate. We appreciate you raising awareness of the stroke signs. However, by making a donation, it does help by providing funding for stroke research, stroke education and training, and other services.
What if I can’t dance?
That’s ok! The important thing is that we are spreading awareness through teaching back the signs of stroke, and telling people to call emergency services when they spot the signs! Do your video regardless of dancing ability.